Dental implant treatments have become extremely popular in the United States, and for good reason. They play a crucial role in stimulating the function, look, and feel of natural teeth.
Why Dental Implants Are Important
- Dental implants are more important than simply a case of missing teeth.
- They strengthen and maintain bone structure, give patients the confidence to smile, and make it possible for them to chew solid food.
- Another underestimated value of dental implants is that they preserve bone mass and structure. Once a tooth is lost, the gap between your teeth is the least concerning feature of your face. Once the tooth falls away, its roots also start fading away. The roots are responsible for maintaining bone structure of the surrounding teeth.
- Bone loss in the jawbone compromises the structural integrity of neighboring roots which causes the surrounding teeth to weaken as well. The longer you wait to get a tooth implant, the more extensive will be the damage done. In many cases, dental implants require multiple surgeries.
The surgeries and multiple visits to the dentist, including extensive X-Ray pictures of the mouth, result in a massive bill that is not usually covered under dental insurance.
Most people choose dental tourism to get high-quality, affordable treatments, often in poor countries with no checks and balances. They expose themselves to risks that are often life threatening.
Instead, a better alternative to avail dental implants in the US with your preferred dentist is to use a dental discount plan.
There are over 20 dental discount plans that cover extensive dental implants and more specialist treatments.
This is a review of eight such services.
With over 110,000 dentists available nationwide, Cigna has one of the biggest networks available. Activation starts almost immediately after sign up with no conditions attached. Cigna offers significant discounts ranging from 10 to 60 percent. Furthermore, no pre-existing limitations are imposed on patients because they are all accepted. Patients won’t have to wait for unnecessary paperwork and claim forms. You simply have to show up at your preferred in-network dentist’s clinic with your ID for a discounted treatment.
2) Aetna Vital Dental savings
Aetna has more than 131,000 dentists as part of their network. This makes it easy to find the best dentists in your area. Chances are that your existing dentist is already covered under Aetna. The Dental Discount Program provides participants with discounts between 15 to 50 percent.
Aetna also offers their health app, which is easy to use and intuitive, providing members with a neat dashboard that contains their information which is updated in real-time.
3) Careington Dental Discount plans
Careington lives up to their name by offering some of the biggest dental discounts we’ve seen yet, with an average of 20 to 60 percent on most dental care services, including dental implants. This means you can sign up right away to get your discounts without having to wait long periods of time. Under their 500 Series plan, you only have to pay around $155 per year for an individual plan and only $200 per year for family ones.
Furthermore, all members of your household are covered under the plan with no restrictions and age limits.
4) Dental Save Discount Plan
At only $115 per year for individuals, Dental Save is a bargain. Families only have to pay an annual of $170 per year. The plan also includes extensive dental implants and other procedure that require the help of a specialist.
Your only disadvantage is the limited network of dental providers, only 8000, making it super important to sign up based on your zip code.
Members regularly receive generous discounts, from 25 to 50 percent off, on most dental procedures, including dental implants.
With a network of only 25,000 dentists, Dentega still has a lot of catching up to do. But that also means a world of positives for members because of how low their annual subscriptions are: at only $125 for individuals at $180 for families. Another downside is that the service is available in only a few regions, unlike Aetna or Cigna that offer a network that spans across the US.
That being said, members can avail discounts between 15 to 50 percent on a range of services including dental implants. An average of 50 percent discount is nothing to scoff at.
6) Aon Dental Solutions
Aon Dental Solutions has a small network of dentists, around 15,000, with discount plans starting at $125 per year for individuals and $180 per year for families. Services they cover include dental implants, dentures, braces, X-Rays, root canals, and crowns with discounts between 15 to 50 percent. The family plan extends to dependent children, spouse, and other permanent members of the household.
You get complete access to specialists with no need for referrals, unnecessary paperwork, or claim forms. The end result is a completely hassle-free experience that works like a charm, every time.
DenteMax is among the most popular discount dental plan providers with the 2nd largest network of dentists and specialists, totaling well over 61,000 across the US. Their plans are priced at only $125 per year for individuals and $180 per year for families. The plan covers extensive procedures, including dental implants at massive discounts. There are no waiting periods involved.
8) Dominion National
They have a network with over 4000 dentists, providing coverage in areas such as Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. Despite their network being so small, they provide significant discounts on over 250 dental procedures including dental implants. Dominion National has an average discount rate at 60%. They provide free cleaning and free checkups for families throughout the year.
Confused about where to start?
We are always available to lend a helping hand.
- This site includes details on various dental plans (specific plans can be accessed via the ‘dental plans' dropdown menu from the top navigation
- You can also search for Dentists included via our Dentist Search
- If you would like to talk to someone our support staff will guide you through the process, just call us on: 1-888-571-3857.